Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gymnastics and Birthdays

Yesterday was my oldest grandchilds 9th birthday. I remember when she was born. Anthony and Leslie called us from Orno Maine saying it is time! this is about 5 am (or earlier) as I remember it. we got busy and started making airline reservations to get up there. even in the best of times it not easy to get anywhere from Albuquerque without changing planes at least twice. After throwing stuff in a bag, Arthur drove the 2 hours to the airport then I started the journey north. First I flew to Dallas, then to NYC then to Bangor where I had to rent a car and drive to the hospital. I had been flying and sitting someplace for 12 hours with the associated delays etc etc. As soon as we landed at each spot I called Anthony and asked for updates. She is in labor, she is closer, she is pushing And so on. Everyone around me on the planes were just as excited as I was. I finally got to the hospital, then to delay thing more they had to call up to L & D to make sure I was expected. Jillian was already he by 10 minutes or so. Ant (we call him "Antman") said it is a little girl...how exciting for Leslie. I knew she wanted a little girl so badly. I went upstairs and got my first sight of beautiful little Jillian behind glass. Leslie was tired but beautiful with the glow of a new mother. I will never forget that moment. Happy birthday Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment