Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthday Parties Revisited

So tired today. Just want to go back to sleep but the cats won't let me...they are saying "feed me" and Nala has been coming up to my face since 7 am touching it with her tiny paws with tiny claws. Of course it is 10 am now so I really should get up and face the day. today I will put things back into the new bathroom closet and finish painting the trim areas...my jobs for today. Anything else beyond that is icing on the cake. Thinking of cake, it was a really fun time at the "outlaws" where the hot tub b party was held. Watching the 8 little 8 and 9 year old girls interact so reminded me of parties for Megan and Leslie when they were little girls. As they got older, Megan's parties were held at Ontario Place in Toronto with bags of GOP, hot chocolate, ice skating outdoors then to round it off a visit to the film festival held in december at the IMAX theater. Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Empire Strikes Back are some of the ones I think I remember from those trips. Leslie's parties must have been more normal because neither she nor I can remember much about them except for one...I made a doll cake for one of hers with the barbie doll pick on the top. It turned out really great and I just remembered the party we had for her 18th birthday. Her friend Eve elped meget the fixings for a rat dissection cake. They were all taking adv biology at the time. Eve got the lab coat and some of the fixings and I had hemostats and scalpels. The cake looked like a giant white rat in a dissection tray and inside the layers were gummy hearts and other rat type parts. We surprised her with that one. That was a fun party. It was fun watching her dissect the cake. Ian had a kill Barney for his 18th b day. Only boys were invited. We had a Barney piƱata filled with candy, and a table cloth made of paper so they could all release their feelings a out Barney in drawings. It took for ever for them to break barney apart. It was Simon who finally delivered the death blow. It took forever to find all of the candies. We have photos of Ian and some of the other boys with Barney's head on top of their own. The kids will may remember the rest of them better than I do. I should really look for the pictures I know we have of those parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment